Sunday 26 February 2012

Lucky Me... Again

It was my birthday yesterday *grins* I'll give you more details tomorrow, but I wanted to post about the 2 awesome packages I got to finally open...

I mentioned in the last 2 swaps I have participated in, that the lovely people sending to me had put something in the parcel for me to open on my birthday. Firstly, Karen had sent me a card with a couple of things in, as well as a squishy present:



Beautiful New Zealand sock yarn, and a card with a cute ceramic button, sheep notepad and a kiwi bookmark (in case the clues didn't give it away, the parcel came from New Zealand! I love that there is a kiwi bookmark in there!)

And the lovely Tink sent me a birthday card that really made me laugh, and 2 gorgeous sets of buttons, that are awaiting the perfect project to really show them off:


I feel so lucky to have met such amazing people through knitting, blogging and Ravelry. None of these gifts were part of the swap, or expected, they were just thoughtful and lovely things that some wonderful people decided to do. And I'm going to stop now before I become all gushy!

11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! We almost share one.. mine was on the 24th :)

    The buttons look fabulous, and so does the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! You get some of the most wonderful goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Hope you had a great birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Gorgeous yarn - Yum! And cute buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday for yesterday. I hope you had a lovely day. Love those buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated happy birthday! Wonderful surprise gifts :) I hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday with lots of fun and cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D