Tuesday 27 March 2012

New Books

I got a couple of new books recently...



Respect the Spindle - I saw this on another blog recently (although I'm sorry to say that I have forgotten whose!) and thought it would be a good investment. I'm still trying to learn to spin properly, not that I have done all that much lately, and I thought this might give me the impetus to get back to it.

I've only flicked through so far, but it's really quite comprehensive *laughs*

The second was a gift from cunning boyfriend. He spotted it while doing some shopping and decided to buy it for me *smiles*


There are some very cute, and some downright bizarre patterns in there. The book even came with the supplies needed to make the London Pigeon *laughs*

6 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to hear what you think of Respect the Spindle. I inherited a copy along with my beginner's spinning kit from a friend, but I have to say that I find it far too technical for me at the moment. Instead, I have a copy of Katie's beginners guide and will be using that! Once I have more than 5 minutes to spend learning, that is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Respect the Spindle is a great book for spindling, as you say very comprehensive, I found it useful alongside you tube videos too. (prefer my wheel(s) though!)

    Stitch London sounds interesting, will have to take a peek at that one in the bookshops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a knitted Guard and Policeman, they are adorable! The corgis made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Respect the Spindle, it's a very helpful book for beginners :) Stitch London looks like a lot of fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love Respect the Spindle! I hope that it helps you get started with spindling. I would also recommend watching youtube videos on spinning, they really help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, cool. I am also reading Respect the Spindle and hoping to pick up some spinning.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for letting me know you stopped by :D